11 November 2012

The Adventure of Nanny Piggins by R.A. Spratt

Title: The Adventures of Nanny Piggins
Author: R.A. Spratt
Copyright: 2010
ISBN:978-0-316-06819-2

I don't know how it has gotten to be 2012 and I have never written a review of Nanny Piggins by R.A. Spratt.  I admit to being a sucker for nanny stories.  I loved Mary Poppins, Nanny McPhee was simply superb, and don't even get me started on Amelia Bedilia (perhaps she wasn't quite a nanny but close and I love it anyway!)

While some bloggers have complained that Nanny Piggins doesn't teach children the best morale's this is precisly why her books will appeal to older children.  Nanny Piggins does everything that children wish they could do but are never allowed.  She feeds them chocolate for dinner, takes them to the amusement park, cons the school into giving her 500 dollars, plus she used to be in the circus!  This is quite simply a recipe for awesome storytelling!

If you know a child who likes to laugh give Nanny Piggins a try...  I mean just look at the illustrations what could be funnier?   Plus Nanny Piggins is Australian and in Australia there are already six stories!  The Australian versions were illustrated by R.A. Spratt, the American versions were done by Dan Santat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment