05 June 2012

Bake Mice Bake

Title: Bake Mice Bake
Author: Eric Seltzer
Illustrator: Natascha Rosenberg
Copyright: 2012
ISBN: 978-0-448-45763-5

People who regularly read my book reviews know that I hate Easy Readers.  In fact, just about anyone who comes into the library knows about my dislike of Easy Readers.  Typically I won't even bother to review them since there are so many better books in the world.  However I do occasionally find a book that I think I can "use" in some way.

Bake, Mice, Bake is a new easy reader featuring four mice who own the Cakes and More bakery.  Since I used to work as a baker I am a softy for books that involve cooking and baking.  If you are looking for a way to get your child more involved in the kitchen this is the book you want.  It uses all the various action words that your child will need to help learn to cook.  The mice cut, chop, drop, mop, crack, whip, pour, drip etc.  Each short phrase features an adorable picture to illustrate the action. 

One of my favorite pages includes a picture of a mouse dropping an egg, and then grabbing a mop to clean up the mess!  What better skill could we teach children then cleaning up after themselves.  If you are looking for a new easy reader for your child, consider checking out Bake, Mice, Bake and then doing a little baking together!


No comments:

Post a Comment