18 May 2012

The Boy Who Cried Alien

Title: The Boy Who Cried Alien 
Author: Marilyn Singer
Illustrator: Brian Biggs
ISBN: 978-078683825-7
Copyright: 2012

There are so many things that I like about The Boy Who Cried Alien that perhaps I should have adopted it myself.  Alas I did not so someone else will have too.  Anyway, I cannot say enough about the beautiful illustrations down by Brian Biggs they are bright and detailed and really show off the beauty of green aliens and lying little boys!

The story is kept fresh and amusing by the need to translate the Aliens poetry (go ahead give it a try I promise it can be done).  As well as the fact that all the towns people speak in rhymes.  While some books that rhyme can seem painful this one is just plain funny.




"My dear prevaricating pal,
oh the tales that you created,
the events that you inflated!
Yes, your fibs were highly rated.
But, come on--aliens from space?
How corny, quaint, and uninspired.
I can't be fooled by stuff that tired.
Better whopper are required
or, my flimflam friend, your fired!"








Larry sets off to try to prove to the town that aliens exist and that they did in fact land in Lake Malarkey (ha!).  Just keep reading this book is sure to please even the most skeptical of picture book readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment